In 2006 in Japan, I recorded a promo mix from tracks I had been playing then. It was made on an Ableton Live setup – so it was full of added samples and the 73min mix consisted of as many as 19 tracks (that’s 3:45 per track).
I didn’t know about harmonic mixing then. I hadn’t yet devised DJ notation. But by careful track pre-selection, I was able to come up with some pretty neat transitions and a really enjoyable set.
The day before yesterday, I found the master CD in my old stuff. Unfortunately, it’s taken some damage since 4 years ago and I wasn’t able to find the original recording anywhere on my harddrives.
Also, it seems I’ve lost the tracklist, and some of the tracks are now totally strange to me.
But anyways, here it is: Monster. One of my earliest full-CD mixes. Made in Japan.
- Intro (see below)
- Hybrid – Know Your Enemy
- Bionic Rockers – Code 0320 (Higher Freq Remix)
- AFK – Dreamcache (Formulate Rmx) (Philip Age Edit)
- Hell – Je Regrette Everything (Superpitcher Mix)
- Hybrid – I’m Still Awake (Grayarea Mix)
- Perfect Stranger – What’s The Lineup
- Antix – Return of the Master (Antix Remix)
- James Holden – Break in the Clouds
- Afroboogie – Rock the House
- Sander Kleinenberg – The Fruit (Buick Project Mix)
- Hybrid – Dreaming Your Dreams
- HD69 – Smagged Out
- Hybrid – Altitude
- Moogwai – The Nord Song
- Oforia – Into Another Universe
- Son Kite – Catch
- Reefer Decree – Gone For Good
The intro track (#1) is a sample taken from Monster (モンスター), the anime series by NTV. I’m not a big anime fan but I really recommend this one. The other samples throughout the set are taken from all over the place.